Policies & Procedures
Animas Valley Institute Registration Policies
Your registration is complete when:
- A deposit fee is paid, as specified on registration form.
- Online Health Questionnaire and Release Form are completed;
- Program Application (if applicable) is approved by the guides of the program
- You receive an email stating your registration and payment have been successfully processed
*** PLEASE DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS UNTIL THE PROGRAM HAS BEEN CONFIRMED ****You will be notified when a program has been confirmed. AVI is not responsible for travel arrangements made before we confirm that the program has sufficient enrollment.
IF AVI CANCELS A PROGRAM: If a minimum number of people are not registered in a program three to four weeks prior to the start date, the program might be cancelled. If AVI cancels a program due to low enrollment, registered participants will be given a full refund, or they can transfer their deposit to another program held within one year of the cancellation date.
IF YOU CANCEL YOUR REGISTRATION: To enroll in an Animas program is to invite your soul on something like a date; it is to say “yes” to a potentially life-changing journey, a journey of initiation or of deepening into a soul- infused life. It’s not unusual for fear, resistance, or an apparent scheduling conflict to surface as the time of your program nears. We believe that whatever arises is a part of your journey and is ripe with opportunity and meaning. Our cancellation policy is designed to support you in keeping your date and to support our staff and guides as they prepare for your program.
- Deposits are non-refundable
- If notice of cancellation is received 31 or more days prior to the start of a program and before a program has been confirmed, deposits will be forwarded as a credit to another program. This deposit must be applied to another program within a year or it will be used to assist other participants. Once a program has been confirmed, you may not transfer your deposit to another person or program. Anything you have paid above the deposit can be refunded.
- Credits may be transferred to another individual one time only and the recipient must also provide a non-refundable deposit as stated above. If the transferred credit is not used within the original time allowed or the recipient of that transfer cancels their enrollment, the credit is forfeit.
- Any transfer of deposit to another program will incur a $50 processing fee.
- If notice of cancellation is received 30 days or less before the start of a program, your deposit will not be held as an account credit. All payment over and above the deposit amount will be refunded.
- If notice of cancellation is received within 7 days of program start, all payment is forfeited.
- Year-Long Immersion participants agree to pay for all 4 sessions of the program, even if they cannot attend all 4 sessions, without the option of a refund or the option of transferring funds to another program.
Deposit: Amount varies by program. Payment of the deposit reserves your space in the program.
Final Payment: We ask that you make final payment arrangements no less than four weeks prior to the program start date. Please contact our office to make payment arrangements at 1-800-451-6327. These payment dates are in effect for all programs except the Year-Long program, which has its own payment schedule. Your registration is not complete until we have received this information.
When registering less than 4 weeks prior to the start date of a program, please pay your entire balance including retreat center or camping fees.
AVI reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. AVI also reserves the right to screen participants for compatibility with AVI programs. For the safety of all participants, we require that participants be in good physical, mental and emotional health. AVI programs can be physically and psychologically challenging. We reserve the right to refuse service based on our assessment of these or other criteria.